– Profile of Professor Eiji Oki
– Activity Database of Professor Eiji Oki
– Researchmap of Associate Professor Ryoichi Shinkuma
– Activity Database of Assistant Professor Takehiro Sato
– Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
– Communications and Computer Engineering, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University
– Undergraduate School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Kyoto University
Yoshida-honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
Email: oki [at] i.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Eiji Oki is a Professor at Kyoto University, Japan. He received the B.E. and M.E. degrees in instrumentation engineering and a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from Keio University, Yokohama, Japan, in 1991, 1993, and 1999, respectively. In 1993, he joined Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) Communication Switching Laboratories, Tokyo, Japan. He has been researching network design and control, traffic-control methods, and high-speed switching systems. From 2000 to 2001, he was a Visiting Scholar at the Polytechnic Institute of New York University, Brooklyn, New York, where he was involved in designing terabit switch/router systems. He was with The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan from July 2008 to February 2017. He joined Kyoto University, Japan in March 2017. He has been active in standardization of path computation element (PCE) and GMPLS in the IETF. He has authored/contributed to twelve IETF RFCs.
He served as a Guest Co-Editor for the Special Issue on “Special issue on High-speed optical transport systems,” Optical switching and Networking, Elsevier; a Guest Co-Editor for the Special Issue on “Switching and Routing for Scalable and Energy-Efficient Datacenter Networks,” January 2014, in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications; a Guest Co-Editor for the Special Issue on “Multi-Domain Optical Networks: Issues and Challenges,” June 2008, in IEEE Communications Magazine; a Guest Co-Editor for the Special Issue on Routing, “Path Computation and Traffic Engineering in Future Internet,” December 2007, in the Journal of Communications and Networks; a Guest Co-Editor for the Special Section on “Photonic Network Technologies in Terabit Network Era,” April 2011, in IEICE Transactions on Communications; an Associate Editor in IEICE Transactions on Communications in 2011-2015; a Co-Chair for European Conference on Networks and Optical Communications 2014; a Co-Chair of Optical Networks and Systems Symposium for IEEE ICC 2011 and Globecom 2013; a Co-General Chair for High-Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2015); a Technical Program Committee (TPC) Co-Chair for Conference on High-Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2006, 2010, 2012, and 2016); a Track Co-Chair on Optical Networking for ICCCN 2009; and a TPC Co-Chair for the International Conference on IP+Optical Network (iPOP 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015). He serves as Chapter Coordination Committee Chair of IEEE Communications Society Asia-Pacific Board in 2014-2017 and Editor Board in Optical Switching and Networking, Elsevier, from 2016.
Prof. Oki was the recipient of the 1998 Switching System Research Award and the 1999 Excellent Paper Award presented by IEICE, the 2001 Asia-Pacific Outstanding Young Researcher Award presented by IEEE Communications Society for his contribution to broadband network, ATM, and optical IP technologies, the 2010 Telecom System Technology Prize by the Telecommunications Advanced Foundation, IEEE HPSR 2012 Outstanding Paper Award, IEEE HPSR 2014 Best Paper Award Finalist, First Runner Up, the 2015 IEICE Achievement Award, and IEEE Globecom 2015 Best Paper Award.
He has authored/co-authored five books, Broadband Packet Switching Technologies, published by John Wiley, New York, in 2001, GMPLS Technologies, published by CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, in 2005, Advanced Internet Protocols, Services, and Applications, published by Wiley, New York, in 2012, Linear Programming and Algorithms for Communication Networks, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, in 2012, and Routing and Wavelength Assignment for WDM-based Optical Networks: Quality-of-Service and Fault Resilience, Springer, Cham, in 2016.
He is a Fellow of IEEE and a Fellow of IEICE.
- B.C Chatterjee, N. Sarma, P.P. Sahu, and E. Oki, Routing and Wavelength Assigment for WDM-based Optical Networks: Quality-of-Service and Fault Resilience, Springer, Cham, Oct. 2016.
- E. Oki, Linear Programming and Algorithms for Communication Networks, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Aug. 2012. (Errata)
- E. Oki, R. Rojas-Cessa, M. Tatipamula, and C. Vogt, Advanced Internet Protocols, Services, and Applications, Wiley, New York, Apr. 2012. (Errata)
- N. Yamanaka, K. Shiomoto, and E. Oki, GMPLS Technologies: Broadband Backbone Networks and Systems, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Sep. 2005.
- H. J. Chao, C. H. Lam, and E. Oki, Broadband Packet Switching Technologies: A Practical Guide to ATM Switches and IP Routers, Wiley, John &Sons, Inc., New York, Sep. 2001.