Yoshida-honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
Email: shinkuma [at] i.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Ryoichi Shinkuma received the B.E., M.E., and Ph.D. degrees in communications engineering from Osaka University, Japan, in 2000, 2001, and 2003, respectively. In 2003, he joined the Faculty of Communications and Computer Engineering, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University, Japan, where he is currently an Associate Professor. He was a Visiting Scholar with the Wireless Information Network Laboratory, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA, from 2008 to 2009. His research interest is mainly cooperation in heterogeneous networks. He received the Young Researchers’ Award from IEICE, in 2006, and the Young Scientist Award from Ericsson Japan, in 2007. He also received the TELECOM System Technology Award from the Telecommunications Advancement Foundation, in 2016. He has been the Chairperson of the Mobile Network and Applications Technical Committee of the IEICE Communications Society since 2017.
- R. Shinkuma, Y. Tanaka, Y. Yamada, E. Takahashi, and T. Onishi, “User instruction mechanism for temporal traffic smoothing in mobile networks,” Elsevier Computer Networks, vol.137, pp.17-26, June 2018.
- Y. Inagaki and R. Shinkuma, “Shared-Resource Management Using Online Social-Relationship Metric for Altruistic Device Sharing,” IEEE Access, vol.6, pp.23191-23201, April 2018.
- R. Shinkuma, Y. Sugimoto, and Y. Inagaki, “Weighted network graph for interpersonal communication with temporal regularity,” Springer Soft Computing, November 2017.
- S. Kato and R. Shinkuma, “Priority Control in Communication Networks for Accuracy-Freshness Tradeoff in Realtime Road-Traffic Information Delivery,” IEEE Access, vol.5, pp.25226-25235, October 2017.
- W. Liu, Y. Shoji, and R. Shinkuma, “Logical Correlation-Based Sleep Scheduling for WSNs in Ambient-Assisted Homes,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol.17, no.10, pp.3207-3218, March 2017.
- W. Liu, T. Nishio, R. Shinkuma, and T. Takahashi, “Adaptive resource discovery in mobile cloud computing,” Elsevier Computer Communications, vol.50, pp.119-129, March 2014.
- T. Nishio, R. Shinkuma, T. Takahashi, and N. Mandayam, “Service-oriented heterogeneous resource sharing for optimizing service latency in mobile cloud,” ACM Mobile Cloud’13 in Conjunction with MobiHoc 2013, pp.19-26, July 2013.
- K. Nishide, H. Kubo, R. Shinkuma, and T. Takahashi, “Detecting Hidden and Exposed Terminal Problems in Densely Deployed Wireless Networks,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, vol.11, no.11, pp.3841-3849, November 2012.
- D. Zhang, R. Shinkuma, and N. Mandayam, “Bandwidth Exchange: An Energy Conserving Incentive Mechanism for Cooperation,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications, vol.9, no.6, pp.2055-2065, June 2010.